4.11.2009

The Nature of Love

I love hella easily.

It doesn't take much before I'm accidentally adding it to the end of my texts.

I have dated two men, both of whom have interesting situations.

Because of who I am and how I love, I feel like their situations are also mine. To me, it's nothing. Whatever the shit is, you and I are going through it together.

Most recently, he has a daughter. She's adorable. He could not deny her if he had God himself testifying on his behalf. She looks just like him.

A recent Tweet of mine read "How do you say 'I love you and I want to be a part of your life. Because of the nature of true love, I want to be a part of her life too.'"

Because that's what love means, and what real love does.

Ultimately, that is not what's poppin. I end up hurt because I could not restrain my willing and wanting heart.

But someone else calls, and I love him too.

And how do you say then "I still love him, but I love you too. And I want to be a part of the intimate details of the makings of you, like I did him."

I am an uncontrolled and unrestrained…

serial lover.

And I believe that that is the nature of love. Continuous giving.
C. Noelle

No comments: